Omotunde A. J. Mahoney
Prior to setting up Rhombus Advisors, Omotunde spent over 12 years covering emerging markets on Wall St.:
- Nomura Securities – Fixed income analyst, Latin America
- Smith Barney Shearson – Emerging markets strategist
- Bancomer Securities (acquired by BBVA) – Chief strategist
- International Asset Transactions (Partner) – Head, Structured Credit Origination
In a previous diplomatic career, in the foreign service of The Gambia, he had served as:
- Head of the Africa division1, Ministry of External Affairs
- First Secretary, Mission to UN2 in New York.
- He holds an MBA from the Yale School of Management.
1In this capacity, he organized two State visits to The Gambia – i.e. President Hilla Liman of Ghana April 1980; President Samuel K. Doe of Liberia, February 1981 – serving as Secretary to the Joint Ministerial Committee constituted for each visit.
2In this role, he represented his Government on the following bodies: Economic and Social Council, Governing Council of UN Development Program, UN Conference on Law of the Sea.